Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Issues with multi-select filter display

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gaborG 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
multiselect issue.jpg
filter display options.jpg
the goal.jpg

I want to offer the ability to filter results based on a taxonomy assigned to them.
Here is my problem.
On the image you see the field marked with 1. That is how I want to display the taxonomies. However, in their current form that is merely a View, and it has no effect on the content displayed next to it.
Number 2 is a multiselect. It has multiproblems.
One of them is that there is no "select none" option to cancel filtering.
Another problem is that I can't figure out how to place it to the side of the results, not above them.

I don't actually need a multiselect option, but I don't seem to have a simple "list of buttons" option when I try to set the filter (see image 2). What I need is a simple column of buttons, and if I click on one, that category will show. If I click on another, then that other category will show. And I need an All Categories button to display all of them (see image 3).

Is this possible? How?
Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Gabor,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I must apologize for the extreme delay in response 🙁

Let me see how best I can advise you on this one.

If you want a list of buttons you only have the option of using a Checkbox or Radio buttons. This is because how a form works is that the elements for the form to work need to be form elements e.g radio buttons, select tags, multiselect etc.

Buttons don't work as a form element because they are not used to gather data but rather to submit the form itself. I recognise that the multi-select tag does not have a default value selection and this is something that needs to be discussed with the team.

The best way I can advise you to get the column of buttons is to use the checkboxes option.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

It seems that I can list out the radiobuttons, format them as regular buttons and hide their radio icon, and it works just as well.
Thank you for the info.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.