Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Issues with embedded toolset

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have packaged my theme and added the installer code to it.

I then uploaded my theme to a test site (I want to test it before I pass it off to my client).

When I installed the theme it came up with a box giving me the option to install all the required plugins and data. When I clicked the button to proceed I got a message that it had failed to download the plugin.

I then just selected "layout" and tried again and it worked but then the window went away.

I noticed the embedded plugin had actually appeared but when I activated it the site went white screen and I had to delete it.

How do I get back to the screen that offers to download the correct plugins?

Why wont the theme download the plugins?

I also see on your site embedded is being phased out in january but there is not information as the link on that page is broken. Can I have some info regarding that please.

Dear Mike,

The new Embedded Toolset will be released on January 2017, our developers are working on it.
https://toolset.com/documentation/embedded-toolset/

For the question:
How do I get back to the screen that offers to download the correct plugins?

Could you provide a downloadable URL of your packaged theme, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the file, will feedback if there is anything found.

I test your theme file in my localhost, when I click the button "Start" of "Complete eastwood setup", it stucked, and I see below PHP error in the debug logs:
PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in wp-includes\Requests\Transport\cURL.php on line 462

So I escalated this thread to our 2nd supporters, will update this thread if there is any news.

Thats not the error I got. The error I got was it failed to download embedded toolset. You got that error because it containes a lot of post data. Please try again and this time select not to import post data and just try to install embedded toolset and tell me if it works.

I can manually install the data that is not a problem but not being able to download the embedded toolset plugin is the big issue. I am really over deadline on this project and it is just toolset holding me up now (I bought it to make things quicker and last time a ticket was escalated I had to wait well over a week for a response).

Can you give me a copy of the embedded plugins to manually install? I really need this resolved today.

ps. you can change max execution time in your php.ini

See here: hidden link

Please, I really need to get this sorted asap. Can you give me to plugin download link please.

I deleted everyting, re-downloaded and re-exported and now it works. Not sure if you did something at your end but install runs successfully now.

Here is the feedback from our developers:
we had a problem with the embedded Layouts version that is now resolved. Please ask the client to try one more time now and see if the download of the embedded plugins works as expected, specifically Layouts.

The embedded Toolset is still working, however, has the following page states, https://toolset.com/documentation/embedded-toolset/, it’s being phased out and it will evolve to something different in January 2017, the Toolset-based themes.

And here is the blog post"
https://toolset.com/2016/12/sneak-preview-toolset-based-themes/

For your reference.

And please let me know if you need the document of old version “how to use Embedded Toolset” instructions, I can send you by email.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.