Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Issue with uploading images since updaing to Blocks

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pete 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
After we hit save they vanish.png
We add them by selecting.png

Hi there,

We have this site: hidden link

We have dynamic listings and these have an image gallery. All has worked fine for months however now we cannot add any images.
They are in the media library yet when we select them they appear in the admin of the listings, hit save and they vanish.

In existing listings, if we go to add a new image to an existing gallery of images, hit save...'all' the images disappear.

The only thing to have changed recently is Shane, from support updated our Views plugin with Blocks, this due to issues with the Views Update.

More a concern is we have another site: hidden link
Runs exactly the same, has Views and works fine.

Any thoughts on why, all of a sudden we cannot save images just as we have for countless listings?

Thank you.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Pete

there shouldn't be any difference between the Blocks or Views plugin that would account for the difference, in fact what you are describing here relates to the Types plugin.

When exactly did this start happening, do you know?

We just released an update to Types 3.3.12 today, which included a change relating to an update in WP 5.3 about handling large images.

Did you update to Types 3.3.12 and it started happening?

If you didn't update yet, then can you try that to see if the problem occurs with 3.3.12.

Are the images being added very large images?

The more info you have the more likely I'll be able to pin-point the problem.

After we hit save they vanish.png

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am using Types Version 3.3.11, there is no indication of an update in admin here. So I guess running on this 'should' be ok if the latest update may cause an issue?

The images are not large at all, they are gallery images 1060px x 795px.
This on listings like this: hidden link

We load them as shown in the image, however the moment we hit save, the place holders are still there (as shown) yet they are not displaying in admin or the front end.

Really odd as there is no difference in the plugins between sites. I'm certain this happened before however can't find this in my past tickets.

It's really odd!

Nigel,

I noticed a moment ago the update for Types was available and updated. All sorted.
This all worked fine last week and as far as I'm aware we haven't update WP at all, so why on earth did this case an issue all of sudden when we updated nothing?

Very odd. Glad its sorted I guess.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I don't know, to be honest.

I don't see how it could have started spontaneously with Types 3.3.11 installed without some other change happening on the site, an update of some other plugin or the theme if not WP itself (which may auto-update minor versions).

I appreciate it is frustrating for this problem to appear out of the blue, but in the absence of some other information I don't have an explanation.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.