Skip Navigation

[Closed] Issue with sorting tables

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I'm attempting to have data sort on pages like these, using their data types: hidden link

It appears to work fine when it's from a field specified in Toolset, but not ones that are default to WordPress. How can I fix this?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Michael,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The sort order from the table appears correct to me. I'm not sure i'm understanding the issue clearly.

Can you perhaps provide an example of where the sort isn't done properly?

Thanks,
Shane

Hey Shane,

So if you click on "Author", it doesn't actually sort by alphabetical. It puts "Mike Salbato" first, and he's definitely not our first alphabetized.

the problem is also visible on hidden link, where if you try to sort by developer, it doesn't alphabetize.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the clarity.

I'm not sure what plugins you have installed but I need for you to temporarily disable all the non-toolset plugins and check the sorting again.

I know that some plugin such as the Post Type order plugin can interfere with the sorting order for our views plugin.
Thanks,
Shane

The topic ‘[Closed] Issue with sorting tables’ is closed to new replies.