Skip Navigation

[Resolved] issue with layout

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Author

Dear WP-Types,

I'm trying to build a few layouts but I notice a couple of differences between the default layout and for example, my custom layout for pages.

This is the default layout:
hidden link

This is the custom layout for pages:
hidden link

A few bugs for the custom layout for pages:
- menu is not appearing well for mobile
- logo gives an error
- sitewidth is not the same as default avada layout

Can you please help me with these bugs?

Thank you in advance, best regards
Tom

Dear Tony,

I assume you are using a custom child theme "makemyday" of avada theme, please try this:
1) Makre sure you followed our document to setup the layout:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/toolset-avada-integration/
2) switch to the parent theme "avada", deactivate other plugins, and test again
3) if the problem still exists, please duplicate same problem in a test site, and fill below private detail box with login details and ftp access, also point out the problem page URL and layout URL, I need a live website to test and debug. thanks

Thanks for the details, did you do any modifications in your theme files?
If you did, please try this:
Install and switch to the latest original version of avada theme, and test again, since our need to know if there is compatibility problem with your custom modifications.

No, I didn't do any modifications in the themefiles. So that shouldn't be the problem.

Could you think of something else?

Thanks for the details, it seems like a bug, I put it into our to-do list and escalated this thread to our 2nd Tier supporters, hope there is a fix for it.

Thank you for your reply.

Can you estimate the time to fix this bug? I planned to publish the website in a couple of days. Would be great if the fix is soon available.

Hi WP Types,

Is the bug I found already fixed?

I desperately need to present the website to my client.

Best regards,
Doede

Sorry for the delay answer, Our 2nd supporter are working on this thread, we will update this thread if there is anything found.

Can you at least give me a temporary solution? I want to publish my website!

Thank you.

Sorry, it is already in our to-do list, our developers are working on it, I am not sure if there is any workaround for it.

Hello,

I’m Adriano, Toolset support lead and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

My apologies the long delay. At a first glance what is happening is that the site has two menu wrappers, one for mobile and another one for desktop:

Mobile: .fusion-mobile
Desktop: .fusion-main-menu

The normal procedure is to have the desktop wrapper disabled when the browser has mobile size and mobile wrapper enabled. Page with Layouts it's not happening.

It looks like Avada default templates load a series of CSS files which are not loaded when the page use Layouts as template. I'll try to find a workaround for you:

To further debug the problem I’d like to replicate your site locally. For this I'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. If you prefer to do it on your own, you can provide me with the snapshot following these directions:

If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

Duplicator instructions:

hidden link

Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big).

IMPORTANT: remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

Hello,

That's no problem at all! Go ahead. 🙂

Hope you'll find a solution!

Best regards,
Tom

I'll raise this issue to our development team.

Hello,

I’m Adriano, Toolset support lead and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

I've done some tests and I've realized that we've fixed it already in development. We will release our plugins this week so you should wait for it, please.

Hello Adriano,

We are a week further now and I'm very curious about the release of the update. What is the status at the moment?

I reported this bug the 18th of May and I'm still waiting for a fix! (Almost a month ago!)

Best regards,
Tom

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.