Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Issue using the new Divi 4.0 Theme Builder

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I'm trying to use the new Divi 4.0 theme builder instead of Toolset Content Template.
Well, I have 4 related CPT's with one to many option. Nazione => Regione => Provincia => Comune => Articolo.
Now, using the following code in the Toolset Content Template

L'evento [wpv-conditional if="( '[data-oggi]' lt '[data-oggi-totimestamp date_field='data-inizio']' )"]si svolgerà[/wpv-conditional][wpv-conditional if="( '[data-oggi]' gte '[data-oggi-totimestamp date_field='data-inizio']' ) AND ( '[data-oggi]' lt '[data-oggi-totimestamp date_field='data-fine']' )"]è in corso[/wpv-conditional][wpv-conditional if="( '[data-oggi]' gte '[data-oggi-totimestamp date_field='data-fine']' )"]si è svolto[/wpv-conditional] a {!{wpv-view name='sono-di-evento' wpvrelatedto='{!{wpv-post-id}!}'}!}

I should see "L'evento si è svolto a [Comune], in [Provincia] ([Regione], [Nazione]).
But, using this code into the new Divi 4.0 Theme Builder I have "L’evento si è svolto a No items found".
What could be the issue and what should I do to silve it?

Is there any documentation that you are following? https://toolset.com/forums/topic/display-grand-parent-relationship/

Is there a similar example that we can see? I don't Know

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Francesco,

The view should be working now.

Could you send me a screenshot of a conditional that doesn't work ?

Thanks,
Shane

Gallipoli  22 settembre II evento “Settimana della Cultura del Mare”   Eventi v2 InOnda (Copy).jpg
Gallipoli  22 settembre II evento “Settimana della Cultura del Mare”   Eventi v2 InOnda - form (Copy).jpg

Hi Shane, Thank you.
What was the issue and what should I do to not have it again with other Views?

So, for the conditional logic, see the attached images, one of the Post layout, and the second of the Front End editor build with Form.

So, the conditional logics I have used are concatenated. The first conditional logic I have used is about the author membership levels created by Ultimate Membership Pro plugin, and the value in the conditional logic is generated by a Custom Shortcode [abbonamento] and you can find it on the Toolset stettings => Custom Code => livello-autore.
The others Conditional Logics are set about if the custom fields are empty or not.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francesco,

"What was the issue and what should I do to not have it again with other Views?"

It seems the problem is that the view wasn't getting the parameter, so I had to set the view to get the ID from the current page.

For the conditionals I see that you have this [/wpv- conditional] when it should be {!{/wpv-conditional}!} 

Please make these changes to the closing tags of your conditionals and let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, thank you.

I have changed [/wpv- conditional] to {!{/wpv-conditional}!} at "Organizzatore" but nothing happens...
Are not diaplayed any custom fields value inside the conditional logics...

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francesco,

I've added debug='true' to some of your conditionals and noticed that the conditions are not being met which is why the values are not showing up.

If you take a look at the page you will see the debug information for the conditionals.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
thank you for the reply.
I see the debug information and I don't know what could be the nature of the issue...

Certainly, it is a big code conflict with the new Divi Theme Builder...

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francesco,

I was able to identify the major conflict as you say and it has to do with our shortcodes not rendering the correct data when using the latest divi version.

I've already reported it to our 2nd tier supporters as well as with a copy of a fresh install that clearly illustrates the issue that you are experiencing as well.

I will let you know any updates with this.

However for now the solution for you is to revert to an older version of divi if possible.

Thanks,
Shane

OK, thanks. I will wait for the update.

Hi Shane,
I report you here what have written me the Elegant Theme support about the Toolset compatibility:

"I'm afraid that this is an entire integration of 2 plugins with the Theme Builder and, at the moment, we don't know exactly where the problem starts.
While we would to help, I'm afraid that we're not familiar with how those 2 plugins work and with the custom implementation, I'd recommend you to take the code step by step and see where it fails, so we know exactly where the problem starts to happen (in which piece of the code).
The toolset shortcodes seem to render and work just fine in the Theme Builder, so the problem is somewhere in the custom shortcodes or maybe with the other 3rd party plugin, however, I'm afraid that we can't do troubleshooting for 3rd party plugins, as it's not our product and we're not familiar with their code.
Cristi profile
If the plugin developers can point us to exactly what's causing the problem in the Divi Builder or the Theme Builder, our developers can check the problem and fix it, however, at the moment, it's just a custom implementation and lots of custom shortcodes / functions of 3rd party plugins that are created by 3rd party plugins and not by Divi."

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francesco,

Indeed to seems that divi is breaking the custom shortcodes. Unfortunately i'm not able to fix the custom shortcodes since it is not a part of our Toolset package.

However I know that our team is working on the newly disovered compatibility issues with divi.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
any news for me from the developer?

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francesco,

Unfortunately no fix update as yet, however our team has made contact with the divi team and they were already aware of this issue, so they should be creating a fix as well.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francesco,

We have word that the latest divi beta version resolves the issue where the shortcodes are not rendering the correct values.

Could you update and let me know if the issue still remains?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
Elegant Theme doesn't permit us to download the beta versions of Divi... and then I can't download and test it...

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.