Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Issue adding custom fields to posts

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
post-settings6.jpg
post-settings5.png
post-settings4.jpg
post-settings3.jpg
post-settings2.jpg
post-settings1.jpg

Trying to use WP-Types Toolset custom post type to add fields to the Post module and have run into an issue when trying to add the fields via Edit Custom Post Layout.

I select the post module and add to the page, then in the Layout tab area change the Post Layout to custom.

I then click Edit Custom Post Layout which opens the HTML window.

I click where I want to insert the custom field and click the + button to the right of the window, then from the new window drop down select Post Custom Field.

I click in the Key input field which display a red + button to the left of the field. From the Fields and Views shortcodes window that displays I select the custom field to add.

This is when the issue happens. The Post Custom Field window remains in front and a toolset window opens behind. I need to be able to bring the toolset window to the front in order to select the field to insert the shortcode, but can't. With the window in the background it's impossible to make any selection.

I've attached a series of screen shots to show you what I am experiencing.

Am I doing something wrong or is this an issue?

Sorry, forgot to say this issue is when using Beaver Builder page builder and the Posts module.

Originally sent the issue to them, but this feature was added to their module by Toolset.

It turns out that this compatibility issue is something we can work on with Beaver Builder, and I was misinformed about collaboration with them. They will be happy to work with us to get this resolved, which is great for everyone. If possible, can you follow these troubleshooting steps to help us narrow down the issue?
- Temporarily disable all plugins except Toolset and Beaver Builder, and activate a default theme like Twenty Seventeen. Check to see if the problem is resolved. If the problem is resolved, try to activate your parent theme, then the child theme, then additional plugins one-by-one until the conflict is revealed.
- If the problem was not resolved, I will need to investigate further by creating a clone of your site where I can run some tests without breaking anything. I will install the Duplicator plugin to create this clone. If that's okay with you, please provide admin login credentials in the private reply fields enabled here.

Got it, thanks. I'm done in the test site. I'm escalating this concern to our 2nd tier supporters for further evaluation. They've already been informed of a similar issue that happens even without Themer, where inserting a custom field in a Post or Page using the Page Builder and a Basic Module, like a button. I suspect this is the same issue, but I will let them know about your specific case as well. I'll update you as soon as I have information to share.

There are no updates here yet.

The Types GUI for inserting fields is about to be entirely revamped, hence this will become obsolete.

Right now, Beaver Builder 2.0.x is incompatible with Toolset.
We work hard on this so to adapt to the new Builder.

So Beaver Builder 2.0 does not work with Toolset at all? None of the plugins? Or is it just the issue I had reported?

Beaver Builder is used to style Content Templates made with Toolset.
You might as example insert a Column or two.
That will not be respected in the front end, for example.

Instead of columns you'll see just paragraphs.

We are working on this.

Please note that we received the updated copy of the Plugin just these days.
It would help a lot if you would mention top Beaver Builder Developers that you (and others) do use Toolset with Beaver Builder, this can help increase the cooperation flow.

Hi Beda,

I'm confused. Don't you have access to their alpha and beta releases? We've been playing with the updates for several months now on a staging site.

Also, it's my understanding there is no issue from the Beaver Builder team to work with Toolset. It was a conversation I had with the Beaver Builder team and Christian a while back when I was told by Christian they would not work with you. I forwarded the email from Beaver Builder to Christian who said the exact opposite.

Do you have any idea of the amount of time it's going to take for compatibility to be resolved? I know there can be a lot of issues that come up, but trying to get a feel if you think a month or we're looking at six months or more.

Thanks.
Steve

No, we do not.

We do work with Beaver Builder Developers.
But we do need people to mention that Toolset is used with Beaver Builder as well.

We not only step behind, but also it would be great to have similar user interfaces in the Themer, for example, just as implemented for ACF.
This implementations probably where done because a lot of users state the necessity of those 2 plugins working together.

The more this also happens for Toolset the more we will also be on the same "level" of compatibility.

Our developers have received the new Beaver Builder these days.

I have no full insight in the communication, hence I am not the correct person to ask exact details of this.

I can guarantee that we work together and try to fix all new issues ASAP.
I do not know how long this will take.

Currently all Beaver Builder HTML is not present in the Front End when added thru a Content Template.

Hi Beda,

OK, understand. The more users request compatibility between plugins the more likely developers are to work together to integrate. I'll send comments to Beaver Builder regarding this.

We use Beaver Themer quite a bit, so yes, would be great if the interfaces worked well together.

Will you be notifying people once the comparability issues are resolved?

Thanks.
Steve

Sorry the delay

Yes, I will.

There is no update yet for this.

Meanwhile this should be solved.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.