Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Is there any way to open menu on hover?

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kirill 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Minesh.

Author

Dear support!

I'm using a Menu component of Layouts module, version 1.1, and I'm wondering if there is a way to make a menu open when somebody hovers mouse over it, instead of click, as it is now? Most menus, I believe, opens on hover and having to click on it adds extra complexity and feels a little unfamiliar. Is there any way to enable submenu open on hover?

The menu loads a chunk of CSS code necessary for the Menu component to work. Is there any way to disable it? If I want to override the built-in styles then I copy all of menu CSS into my theme's CSS file and change it there. In this situation the original styles are not needed anymore. Is there a way to prevent the CSS code to loading twice? It is better to have one large CSS file than several smaller ones. Performance-wise, it would be great if I could just copy all Toolset's CSS code into my own CSS file and prevent those styles (as for Menu, Datapicker, etc.) from loading by Toolset. Is it possible? It would be so great to have this as an option somewhere! It would help to build sites that are more performance-efficient.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Kirill

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

1)
To minify the CSS and JS could you please try to add following constants to your wp-config.php.

/* Compress CSS /
 define( 'COMPRESS_CSS', true );

/* Compress Scripts /
 define( 'COMPRESS_SCRIPTS', true );

/* Concatenate Scripts /
 define( 'CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', true );

/* Enforce GZip /
 define( 'ENFORCE_GZIP', true );
 define( 'CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', true );

OR

you can use following plugin:
=> hidden link

2)
Regarding the menu hover effect:
-- Bootstrap menus are working with click by default and we're simply implementing that but if you still need hover effect you need to write custom CSS:
=> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8878033/how-to-make-twitter-bootstrap-menu-dropdown-on-hover-rather-than-click

Thank you, Minesh!

This is one great peace of advice that solves my problem completely! Thank you for your excellent support!

Best regards,
Kirill