Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Is there any intention to get Geo distance added to Maps for parametric searches

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: set up a parametric search for business CPTs to determine which are closest to the users current or a user defined location. I have followed a few posts and have been able to use the location to set the longitude and latitude into two respective post fields.

The tricky part from here is to find the distance from the location and also determine the location.

Can someone help me do this and also it seems a lot of people are requesting this feature - is it possible to add this to Maps?

Thanks Chris

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

There is no such way you can calculate the distance for now but this feature is already reported and we have an internal ticket for that. I've added your voice to our internal ticket and this feature is currently under assessment.

Please note that we do not have any ETA. This completely depends on predefined priorities and development cycle we have.

But thank you for raising your voice for this feature that will help our developers to prioritize the feature request.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi Minesh,

Thanks for the feedback.

My next question is how to make this work myself within parametric search.

I can easily calculate this distance between to sets of coordinates, each taken from an address.

I can store the coords for each post in a custom field and I can get the users location and set that as the second set of coordinates to calculate the distance.

The trick is in getting that process to happen within the parametric search function. What would it take to make that happen in there?

I could create a plugin that will display the distance using a shortcode but how do I make that work in the search function?

Thanks,
Chris

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I understand your concern but this will require custom programming and unfortunately, that is beyond the scope of our support policy.

If you need custom programming with your site, please feel free to contact our certified partners.
=> https://toolset.com/consultant/

Thank you for understanding.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.