Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Is there a way to track views search filter queries for statistics/analysis?

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.98 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kristin 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Caridad.

Author

Hi there,

Is there any way to track queries that are produced using Views' search/filter functionality. Say I have a view with 3 filters: Size, Shape, Color.

I need a way to record what combinations and frequencies users are searching on the front-end using each of those filters. Any specific methods/hooks/filters you know of that I can use?

Thanks!

You should be able to use Google Analytics "Event tracking".
hidden link

You can call the _trackEvent function with Javascript to send the values searched for.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards,
Caridad

Right, I'm well aware of Google Event Tracking, however we need a native WP solution.

I'm imagining we could just hook into the

wpv_filter_query

filter and checking for any custom tax/meta queries, right? Is there a better way to access the parametric filter criteria more directly?