Skip Navigation

[Resolved] is there a way to hide fields from the post admin UI?

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

We're importing a site from Drupal and everything seem to work well. But we have some old fields that we likely won't be using anymore. I'm hesitant to delete them right now (just in case), but I'd like to avoid having them clutter the post edits screens that users are entering content into. Is there a way to keep some custom fields, but completely hide them from the post add/edit screens? I could probably hide them through targetting css, but am wondering if there is a better option.

Thanks,
Bob

custom-fields.JPG

Hello,

I assume we are talking about this case:
when you edit a single post, there is a metabox "Custom Fields", and you are going to hide it.

If it is, you can click link "Screen options", and disable option "Custom fields", see screenshot custom-fields.JPG

If you want hide it from all users, you might consider to use custom CSS codes to hide it.

Actually, I mean that I have a bunch of Toolset created custom fields, for example:

Subheadline
SecondaryPhoto
FeedSummary

Suppose one of those is no longer actively used (say 'FeedSummary' for example). I don't want to completely delete in case I need to access it or later bring it back. But I'd like to hide it (but not the other Toolset fields) from the post add/edit screens for now. But I want all the others to remain there.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Bob

Dear Bob,

You can hide them by deactivate those custom fields, for example:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Custom fields
1) deactivate those custom fields groups
2) Or edit the custom fields groups
find and remove the specific custom fields:
Subheadline
SecondaryPhoto
FeedSummary

It won't delete the custom fields value from database, you can restore them back by clicking button "Add New Field", click button "Choose from previously created fields"

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.