Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Is there a way to export a content layout ?

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Charles-Antoine 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi there,

Is there a way to export a content layout ?

I was considering using a toolset module, but it seems you cannot select a select content layout.

Any advice ?

That's not possible.

It will only allow to export/import Template Layouts, since the Content Layouts get added to the Post Content, not to Layouts.

I let Nigel reply here, he is the responsible for Toolset Layouts feature requests.

I don't think we can add this feature, thou.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Charles

I'm not sure I understand the use case here.

When you use the Content Layout editor you are editing the content, specifically the post body, of an individual post or page.

What you create for that post is unique to that post (it literally is the post).

If you want to re-use the design for different posts then you should be creating a Template Layout that can be re-used across multiple posts. (It doesn't have to be used for all posts, you can manually assign it to individual posts when you edit them.) Use the post content cell in a template for the part of the design that is particular to each post, i.e. the contains the specific post content.

If you have a design you created for one post and you simply want to use it as the starting point for one or two other posts and you don't want to create a template, you can use a plugin such as Duplicate Posts to clone the original post, and then you will have a second post with the same design.

If you want to move the post design to another site you should be able to use the normal WordPress export/import tools for copying post content. (The module manager and Toolset export/import tools are for copying templates and settings, not for post content.)

Given the above options I'm pretty sure a request to add import/export functionality for individual Content Layouts wouldn't be accepted.

Am I missing something when it comes to what you aim to do?

Hi guys,

Thx for your quick and clear answers.
My use case is in fact when I want to export the design to another page. And your answer is clear, I should do this by exporting the content. I will try to find a good way to export only one post.

Thx again.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.