Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Is it possible to specify wp_query along with Elementor Pro Archive Posts Widget

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hello,

I have created an Archive Template for Custom Post Type in Elementor Pro and wanted to know if its possible to specify wp_query for Custom Post Type in Toolset or elsewhere to achieve the following:

Order By Title
Order ASC
Posts per Page 12

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

You can either assign Elementor templates to an archive, or you can create a custom archive using Views, but not both.

If you want to use Elementor templates, I don't see any way in the GUI that you can modify the query that retrieves the posts (except for a pagination setting). You would need to contact Elementor support to find out what is available.

Custom Toolset archives are described here: https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/customize-post-archives/

Hello,

I am extremely sorry for the late reply.

I just wanted to post an update so that other people who are also looking for a similar solution don't have to struggle as I had to. In short, there is no easy solution or workaround to this issue because the problem is with the Elementor Pro Posts Archive widget itself.

Purchasing Elementor Pro was simply a waste of time & money. I realised they were not interested in listening to their clients.

Even though this issue has nothing to do with Toolset Types, I still had to come here and ask for help because Elementor team was not interested in resolving this matter.

I went ahead with the refund as I found them to be full of attitude.

Instead, I am now purchasing Beaver Themer because it allows me to achieve exactly what I want.

You may close this ticket as resolved.

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

OK, thanks for the update, and good luck with your project.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.