Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Is it possible to set some Products as Private?

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have created a Content Template for Products using Toolset and I have created a Toolset Views for how the Product appears. Right now, every single Product appears on the Shop. However I wonder if it is possible to set certain products as Private - meaning they do not appear on the Views but the product link can be shared privately so only selected people can buy.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I think the trick is to modify the Product Template maybe add a tickbox to say whether it should be public (appear on the Views or not).

Similarly I will have different type of products and not all of these products should appear on the Main Views but should have their own Views.

I am a very new user to Toolset so would be grateful if you can take a screencast and show me how it can be done.

Is there a similar example that we can see? Not really

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 1.54.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 1.55.10 PM.png

However I wonder if it is possible to set certain products as Private - meaning they do not appear on the Views but the product link can be shared privately so only selected people can buy.
You can either create a custom field that designates a Product as private, then you add a Query Filter to the WordPress Archive or View that filters out those posts. The Product still exists on your shop, but the link isn't listed in the archives or Views of Products.

For example, create a custom "radio" field that holds two options: Public (1) and Private (2). You can make "public" the default, if most Products are public. Assign that custom field to the Product post type. See the screenshot from 1:54.

After that, edit your WordPress Archive and add a Query Filter, filter by your custom radio field, where the field is equal to the "Public" option value (in my example this is 1). See the screenshot from 1:55. If you cannot find the Query Filter panel in the WordPress Archive editor, scroll to the top right and click Screen Options. You can enable it here.

Then edit each Product and select the proper option for public or private. Save each product, and test the Shop archive. Only public items should appear in the list.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.