Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Is it possible to get rid of wp-types by exporting a php plugin ?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Is it possible to create a script that would export all custom post type and custom fields / group created in wp-types in a regular plugin in php in order to uninstall wp-types?

Solution:
We don’t have any such script. What you can try is this:

=== Please backup your database and website first ===

1. Deactivate Types >> and re-register your Custom Post type with same “slug” using native WP method:
https://developer.wordpress.org/plugins/post-types/registering-custom-post-types/
http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-custom-post-types-in-wordpress/
(section: Creating a Custom Post Type Manually).

This way it will bring back all posts for that CPT.

2. Reactivate Types again.
3. Go to Toolset >> click Post Field Control button >> for all the Custom Fields that you want to keep without Types >> click “Stop managing with Types” for all those fields. Screenshot here:
https://d7j863fr5jhrr.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/558121-post_field_control.png?x71388
4. Now you can deactivate & delete Types plugin.

This way you will have your CPT posts and Custom Fields without Types. Please note this is experimental workaround that I think can help. And you will loose Types UI or Interface which makes design looks different at the backend.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by damianM-2 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

Hi team!

Be sure, your plugin is great!

Nevertheless, for a project, I no longer use the capabilities of wp-types, the client never changes fields or custom types ..

Since wp-types is a bit heavy to load, I was wondering if it was possible, or if you had one day created something, or found it through the community, a script that would export all custom post type and custom fields / group created in wp-types in a regular plugin in php in order to uninstall wp-types ?

Thank you in advance,
Best,
Wilhem

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

post field control.png

Hi Wilhem,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support. I am afraid we don’t have any such script. What you can try is this:

=== Please backup your database and website first ===

1. Deactivate Types >> and re-register your Custom Post type with same “slug” using native WP method:
https://developer.wordpress.org/plugins/post-types/registering-custom-post-types/
hidden link (section: Creating a Custom Post Type Manually).

This way it will bring back all posts for that CPT.

2. Reactivate Types again.
3. Go to Toolset >> click Post Field Control button >> for all the Custom Fields that you want to keep without Types >> click “Stop managing with Types” for all those fields (screenshot attached).
4. Now you can deactivate & delete Types plugin.

This way you will have your CPT posts and Custom Fields without Types. Please note this is experimental workaround that I think can help. And you will loose Types UI or Interface which makes design looks different at the backend.

Thank you

Hi Noman,

Thank you for your quick reply, I'll try soon and keep you in touch.

Best,
Wilhem

Hello Wilhem, did this method work? We are looking at doing the same and wonder if you ran into any trouble.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.