Skip Navigation

[Resolved] is it possible to create an image slider using a repeater image field?

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Carlos Rojas.

Author
gallery.jpg

I am trying to: create an image slider using a repeater image field within a custom post

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Franco,
Thank you for contacting Toolset support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

To create a slideshow for a repeating image field you will need to use flexslider and the shortcode "wpv-for-each"

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.
Kind regards,
Carlos

Is it possible to use a shortcode of an external gallery in a field of a custom post? for example we need to place a shortcode of a gallery generated with foogallery.
Can a shortcode be inserted in a text field and be interpreted as a shortcode?

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Franco,

Yes, you can insert shortcodes of an external plugin into the custom post type but it will only work in WYSIWYG fields.

Regards,
Carlos

OK that's can bee a good alternative. Another possibility is to create an unordered list of items of a repeater field so to allow the use of another gallery plugin i.e. Foogallery or Owl gallery.
How can we get a UL list from a repeater image field?

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hello Franco,

In this link you will find how to display a repeater field as an UL: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/repeating-fields/#Displaying Repeating Fields

Regards,
Carlos

Thanks for your help.
Franco

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

You are welcome!

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.
Kind regards,
Carlos

we are trying to use the RESPONSIVE SLIDER module with a repeater image field but we don't know how to do it. Any help on this?

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

If you are using a Bootstrap based theme you must add ".img-responsive" class to the images.

Regards,
Carlos

I mean we need a tutorial on how to use the responsive slider in a page or post

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Franco,

Could you provide me with a link to your site or an example of what do you want to achieve?

Thanks,
Carlos

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.