Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Integration with Yoast not working

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Can I use YOAST plugin with Toolset?

Solution:
Yes, starting from Types 3.1

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 18.26.50.png

Hello.

I'm using Term fields and Yoast don't see those fields, and it said my page is empty as you can see in my picture.

I'm always getting this for every term post (please see screenshot attached):

"The text contains 0 words. This is far below the recommended minimum of 150 words. Add more content that is relevant for the topic."

This is what says on Yoast website:

<em>If you're using a page builder that does not share their content, please contact their development team to request compatibility with the Yoast SEO keyword analysis. They can learn more about this functionality here.</em>

Could you help with this?

Thanks.

YOAST does not work with Custom Post Types out of the box, or custom fields.

Previously, to use YOAST with Custom types, you used a YOAST Filter:

function yst_custom_content_analysis( $content ) {

global $post;

/** return $content . ' ' . get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'book-description', true );  */

return $content . ' ' . get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'wpcf-book-description', true );

}

add_filter( 'wpseo_pre_analysis_post_content', 'yst_custom_content_analysis' ); 

This was never natively suported by Types, but provided as a Custom Code where you need to ensure to add wpcf-prefixes to the fields slugs.

YOAST udpated and deprcated it’s API longer time ago.
The wpseo_pre_analysis_post_content filter and other filters have now been completely removed from YOAST due to the plugin making some rather big changes from November 2 years ago.

You need to read the original article from YOAST itself in the Blog from back in November at the link below for starters.
hidden link

Of course now the PHP filter is not filtering anymore Types Contents.

Native YOAST integration now uses JS

We acknowledged that and plan a fix for Types 2.4
Until then, this is the situation:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/yoast-seo-problem-with-new-versions-of-yoast/#post-397161

Currently you can only use this if you apply Custom Code.

Thanks Beda. I'll wait for Types 2.4 and hopefully that will address the issue.

Types 2.4 did not address YOAST integration but 3.1 will 😉

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.