Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Integration with Divi just creates a shitty layout

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Author

I am trying to:
Create a CTP Layout in Divi and have the same designs as native Divi posts.

I'm working on the clients site for GaiaInnovations.org, but are built new functions on a test site.

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:
hidden link

Instead, I got:
hidden link

You say that CPT needs a Layout. And there will be a warning when layouts or archives haven't been assigned to a CPT.

We use Divi on this site, and I have installed the Toolset Divi Integration. And I was thinking I could just duplicate the Divi layout for Posts and rename that.

But using the Divi integration is crap! It totally brakes the nice native layout on the site. And Footer is gone. Why don't you include the native footer module from Divi, which has a lot of customization in Divi settings?

On this page: hidden link

I have just defined to use the Content Template for the CPT instaed, which renders in the native Divi post. Looks much better.

Why do I have to use Layouts for CPT?
And what is wrong with the Divi integration for Layouts?

Dear Johnny,

Q1) Why don't you include the native footer module from Divi, which has a lot of customization in Divi settings?
There isn't Divi footer Cells within "Toolset Divi Integration", see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/toolset-divi-integration/
If you agree, we can take it as a feature request, and our developers will evaluate it.

Q2) Why do I have to use Layouts for CPT?
Use or not use layout for your single posts, it all depends on yourself.
And here is a document about "Benefits of Using the Layouts Plugin for Designing Templates for Custom Post Types":
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/benefits-of-templates-for-custom-types-layouts/
Hope it helps

Hi Luo,

Q1: Thank you for a quick reply. Yes, I have read that you don't include Divi footer cells. And why is that? The Divi footer is an important part with several functions. Why won't your just include that while using WP Tools?

Q2: Thanks, I will read that one.

But still, when I use the Divi integration to create a content Layout, Why does the design get messed up like I showed you on the screenshot? hidden link

That's the main issue now.

I was thinking, since you offer a Divi integration, that it would work and not brake the design. Even if I duplicate the "Layout for Posts" I get the messy result.

What do to?

8.JPG

Q1) Why won't your just include that while using WP Tools?
Divi isn't product of our company, we can not make sure everything is compatible, as I mentioned above:
If you agree, we can take it as a feature request, and our developers will evaluate it.

Q2) Why does the design get messed up like I showed you on the screenshot?
I can see the screenshot you provided:
hidden link
But I am not sure what should it display, I checked the URL you mentioned above,
hidden link
here is the screenshot: 8.JPG

Could you describe more details for what you expect to see, take a screenshot for it, thanks

Hi Luo,

Sorry, I had forgotten to open the site again.

Here's what it looks like when using Toolset Divi integration template:
hidden link

And here's what it should look like. This is the way it looks when I only use a content template for this post type in a standard Divi post.
hidden link

But I get that warning about not having a template connected to this post type.

Johnny, if it's any help (based on my experience to date) you are probably going to end up using quite a lot of CSS and Bootstrap to get the look you want as the integration with Toolset and Divi is not, I expect how most Divi designers or developers would hope (I also use Divi). The warnings don't really matter providing you can still see the content, as the page view or layout is simply over-riding the template (that you don't have or are not using) because you are using Divi and have inserted a shortcode into a module or row to get the view or template you see.

The white part that you are seeing with the extra latin text is included and part of the layout for whatever "template layout" you have chosen for the page you are editing. So you will just find the layout "Layout-Layout For Pages" or whatever and just remove that row (maybe clone it first).

Q1) Why does the design get messed up like I showed you on the screenshot?
Yes, you will need to customize your own layout with custom CSS codes.

Q2) But I get that warning about not having a template connected to this post type.
Are we talking about the message: "This cell contains shortcodes from Types and Views plugin..."
Please try the solution mentioned by alanS3341:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/integration-with-divi-just-creates-a-shitty-layout/#post-471378
the extra latin text is included and part of the layout for whatever "template layout" you have chosen for the page you are editing. So you will just find the layout "Layout-Layout For Pages" or whatever and just remove that row (maybe clone it first).

Hi Alan,

Sorry, I missed your update. But thanks for clarifying some things. Yes, I figured some of this out yesterday, so I get that now. Did you see the site?
hidden link

I pretty much got the layout I want, so that's fine now. And for now I'll just stay away from using Toolset Layouts, and just add content Templates to the Divi designed pages instead.

If you got time, let me know what you think.

Right now, it's not the layout that' the issue. It's about how to control the member's online user profiles created with a custom post type if they don't pay the membership or sign out. (I'm using Membership 2 Pro from WPMUDEV)

@Luo,
I'm doing fine for now as I'm figuring out my own stuff. Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.