Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Integration with DIVI 4

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi. I am thinking again of migrating a website over to Divi 4. Part of the key functionality is created by Toolset's Types and Views. There had been a bunch of chatter about a year ago saying that T&V was not compatible with Divi 4, but has that changed recently?

Hello,

Are we talking about the legacy Toolset Divi Integration plugin?
If it is, the problem does not change, see our document:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-with-divi/#legacy-integration-with-divi-3

This integration should keep working for existing sites built using Divi 3. We will do everything we can to maintain this in the future. However, don’t update these sites to Divi 4 version because that would likely break your designs.

Hi. Thanks for the reply, Luo. Can you confirm whether or not Toolset plans to address the problem with the Divi 4 integration? What exactly is the issue. I'd like to bring this up with the Divi team, but I'm not sure how to explain the issue to them, other than Toolset is warning that this will break the design.

Also, if I experiment with a development site that is built in Divi, inserting the existing Toolset pages and data, and it is working, do you think that is just luck, or does that indicate that my use of the Types and Views data might just work after all in Divi 4?

Thanks for your additional help on this. -Alan

As I mentioned above, the conflict issue is between Divi and legacy Toolset Divi Integration plugin(Which had already retired), in your case, you can follow the document I mentioned above to setup your website:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-with-divi/

One thing need to pay attention:

To avoid compatibility issues you shouldn’t mix Divi and Toolset elements on the same page. This will ensure that all the features keep working in the future.

So if you are going to design the page/post with Divi builder, then use Divi builder, do not use Blocks elements in it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.