Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Integration Layouts and Tailor Page Builder

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Juan 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Juan.

Author

I saw the plugin Tailor Page Builder at https://wordpress.org/plugins/tailor/ and I was quite impressed by the introduction video. My questions:

• Can this be combined with Toolset Layouts?
  • It seems both systems overlap in their functionality, do you agree?
  • How would this plugin fit into a Toolset Layouts based site?
  • The Tailor Page Builder seems more intuitive than the WPBakery Visual Composer. What is your opinion?

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Erik

Thanks for the feedback.

The best way t chek whether this can be combined with Layouts is trying 🙂 But as you state, they kind of overlap i functionality, right? I mean, this one is a page builder, and Layouts is a site builder which can also be used as a page builder. So it might not be neither easy nor usefull to have them both.

On the other hand, Layouts does not get integrated with other page builders. Instead, Layouts offers some integration plugins with popular themes, and some of them happen to pack a page builder. In that case, the Layouts integrations try to identify the modules (or cells, the name that you prefer) that this theme page builder offers and that Layouts lacks, and we integrate custom modules (or cells) for those pieces of functionality. I assume that with this plugin it might be similar, we have an API for that, but I must confess that integrating a plugin instead of a theme might not be even possible. By its own nature.

I will avoid making personal comments about simplicity or intuitiveness, this belongs to the subjective vision of each user 🙂

Hope it helps.

Regards.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.