Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Integrating Views with Leaflet Maps (OSM)

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by eWeb 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Make a view, publishing Map markers on Leaflet Maps (OpenStreetMaps)

Is there any documentation that you are following?
General documentation, support

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Yes, here is working website with exactly that: hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Leaflet maps works via simple template on my site, but does not work via Views. I have found lots of topics in support and lots of pretty old ones, with suggestion about possible future integrating OSM with Maps, maybe there is any progress on this?
Or maybe you could help me to find out, how that sample website was made (it is using both Toolset and LeafletMaps and working well). They have worked out some small script, it seems, but I could not repeat that even after some time spent on trying.

Please let me know, if there is something possible to do, to make this work. I am doing generally non-profit website and it can not use any paid maps e.g. Google or Azure, OSM seems like way to go.

Thank you very much.

Hi, as far as I know there hasn't been much progress on implementing open source maps. If you'd like to submit your vote for this feature, I encourage you to comment here: https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/
This puts your vote in front of key decision makers who determine which features will be included in upcoming releases.

It looks like this other site has a significant amount of custom code implemented to make this work. I can see scripts in the document head, and I can see another area where it looks like they've used a View to output JavaScript code that adds markers to the map by looping over the markers. So there's some highly custom stuff here, not using Toolset Map's marker shortcodes or map shortcodes.

Got it, done suggestion already. Hoping this will move forward at some point.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.