Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Integrating Hierarchical Views with Elementor

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user wanted to use an Elementor single post template and use views inside of it.

Solution:
Check Elementor documentation about it https://docs.elementor.com/article/354-creating-a-single-post-template

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by clayH-2 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I use Elementor to design my sites. I have the site set up in a hierarchical nature where I have custom post types with relationships and views for each level of the views. I want to integrate the views into my designs using Elementor.

So I am trying to figure out how to put a view inside of an Elementor template. I can create pages and use the shortcode, but the I am not certain how to construct the links between the views.

For example, I have a category called 'Parts'. When I click on that, it should go to a listing of subcategories. I can then click on those subcategories to go to the bottom level of the hierarchy.

I want to be able to design with Elementor and integrate the view into my design somehow.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I have read through the documentation you have about inserting an Elementor template into Gutenberg and then putting in the Toolset view, etc. The issue I am running into is that in order to build the hierarchy, I had ti use the legacy version of the views.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I have a login for you if needed.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Could you please elaborate a little more on your question so I can better understand it? What would you like to have? A view to display posts or a view to display links to taxonomies such as Parts?

Keep in mind that Toolset registers an Elementor Widget for views. You can use it to insert a Toolset view inside an Elementor page/template.

I have some views I created for my site, which is hierarchical in nature. What I mean is I created three CPTs. The top level CPT has some subcategories (CPTs) within them and those subcategorical CPTs have a third level of CPTs in them.

The views I created allow the end user to navigate through them. So the end user can click on a list of top level categories, then they see the subcategories under there, etc. I used the toolset relationship functionality.

I use Elementor to design my sites. So I am trying to design the template to be used for the subcategories. I know I can simply put in the view shortcode into an Elementor page, but I cannot see how to tell WP to use that Elementor page when I navigate through the levels.

I guess I am looking for guidance on how to accomplish this.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Thank you for your feedback.

I know I can simply put in the view shortcode into an Elementor page:
You can do that, or you can use the Toolset View Widget in Elementor.

So I am trying to design the template to be used for the subcategories.
I think that you are looking to assign an Elementor template to a custom post type. As you are using Elementor Pro, please check this article from Elementor documentation hidden link

I'll remain at your disposal.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.