Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Installing Toolset Blocks Breaks Existing Theme

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: Install Toolset plugins (any/all)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (Note, this is production so I turned it off)

I expected to see: No change

Instead, I got: Formatting changes, widths, images, etc.

NOTE: It's with ANY toolset plugin installed, here is how the content shifts below. If I have NO Toolset Plugins installed, the content returns to normal

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Matt

I'd need to see this in action to be able to comment on the cause.

This is with a child of the paid Salient theme, is that right?

First question would be, does the same happen with the parent theme rather than the child?

Do you have a staging site where I can check both the front-end and back-end to help identify the cause?

I'll set your next reply as private in case you do and you can share site credentials with me.

You may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete.

Can you also confirm urls where I can see the problem?

I will go ahead and create a staging site and give you access to troubleshoot.

Also, can you remove the client URLs in the original thread? I didn't realize support was done through a forum. I appreciate using support tickets to help troublshoot for other users, but don't want any identifiable client information in the post.

Thanks!

Nigel
Supporter

All links apart from some generic popular domains are hidden in the forums, and visible only to the supporter and the original poster. If you check this URL in a private browser (i.e. when you are not logged in) you'll see that the links are not shown.

-- INSTRUCTIONS --

AFter installing toolset, look at the home page before, and then after.

Nigel
Supporter

Thanks for that, the issue was simple enough.

Toolset by default enables Bootstrap, which is used for some basic styling and layout but isn't required. Some themes clash with Bootstrap, and that's the case here.

I went to Toolset > Settings and disabled Bootstrap, and the front page now looks as expected with Types enabled.

I notice that you have Toolset Layouts and Framework Installer plugins installed, and you most likely don't want them, I suggest you delete them.

Great! That did the trick. Thanks!

Quick separate question - How do I change the email address associated with my Toolset account?

Nigel
Supporter

You should be able to change it at https://toolset.com/account/edit-account/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.