Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Installing These Plugins broke the Layout of my Avada Theme. Is there a fix?

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Author
broken theme.PNG

I am trying to: Install the plugins and create a custom layout for "Teams" on my site. I don't want the plugin to effect the normal pages of my site (Which it has).

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: My website functioning and looking normal.

Instead, I got: A broken template. All pages have been changed. The layout of the header. Images are broken. The parallax isn't working. The slider is completely gone. The Fusion builder on all pages doesn't work anymore. It changed all components using "wide" layout to boxed, and more. You will see it when you visit the page. Please tell me there is a fix for this, because I don't have a backup.

layouts.PNG

Also, under "Layouts", it says there are 6 published, but I can't see any of them. See the screenshot.

Hi, Thanks for contacting Toolset support forums.

After installing Toolset layouts plugin, you will need to install "Toolset Avada Integration" add-on which can be found here: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/.

Download it and install it, and then you can start designing and customizing your website.

You can also refer to this link: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-getting-started-guide/ for a Getting Started Guide for Layouts.

However, if at any point after installing Layouts you feel like you don't need it or it doesn't provide the functionality you're looking for, you can just deactivate the plugin and everything will return to the original state.

For the second issue you're having, it looks like a conflict with another plugin, so my advice is to run your website using minimal setup.

1. All plugins except Toolset and Layouts disabled
2. and then temporarily changing the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentyFifteen
3. then finally enable all plugins and disable all WPML related.
4.If the issue is gone after Minimal setup steps above, activate each plugin one by one to find out which plugin is causing the issue.

I hope that answers your question, please let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers!

I had the Avada Layout plugin already installed. Is there a way to delete these default layouts that are screwing up the whole theme?

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.

The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

IMPORTANT

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.