Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Installing a reference site

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Timothy 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Quick question, I want to install a reference site, at the link below it says:

"Framework Installer requires a blank site and will erase your current content when installing a new reference site. Check the boxes that give your consent to this erasure and that confirm you have created a backup of your data:"

This does not mean it will delete existing posts, pages, installed themes right? I already have a bunch of other plugins, the Astra theme, and some content pages created. Just want to make sure they won't get deleted.

https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-framework-installer-to-install-reference-sites/

Thanks,

Tim

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for getting in touch.

For clarity yes all your data will be delete, this means existing content that you have. The reference site is made to be installed on a brand new wordpress installation and then further customized from there.

Thanks,
Shane

oh, so there's no way to just export and import just the types/views/forms from a reference site?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Timothy,

The best thing I can recommend is that you export your existing website's content itself, then re-import the data into your website once you've setup the Reference site then you can just re-import your existing data and adopt the data to the website.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.