Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Inserting a view into WordPress archives

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stefanp 7 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to insert a view into the archives WordPress. To that end, I created a view called "Constructeurs non partenaires" (non-partners manufacturers), linked to a custom post type called "Constructeurs" (manufacturers". This custom post type has two custom fields : logo and and a checkbox "partenaires" (partner if checked, non-partner if unchecked).

I visited this URL: hidden link

I added a query filter to exclude the partners ("partenaires" is a bollean different from 1)

I expected to see: at the top of the page, the partners only, and the non-partners at the bottom

Instead, I got : with no filter, all the manufacturers ("Constructeurs"), or with a filter : "no items found"

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Stefan

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Let me see how best I can assist you with this. Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can have a look at this ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Stefan,

I can see why this doesn't work.

What I recommend that you do is to not use an Archive but instead use a regular page and create 2 views and add them to that page.

1 view can be for Non-partners and the other can be for partners.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

Thank you or your reply. I still need help though : I created the new page, and 2 views on it, but I still have trouble using the query filter.

When I add "Partner is a boolean equal to 0" for non-partners, I still get "no items found". When I remove the filter, everything appears.

Do you have any piece of advice ? (your account is still valid)

Shane
Supporter

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for the update, i've made a change to the custom field settings and the view should work now.

What you need to do is go through your non-partners and resave them. This should then allow them to show up.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

I did re-save the view "non-partners", but no luck. My query filter setting is :
field "partner" is a bolean different from 1

Is the syntax wrong ?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Stefan,

Thats strange because I just went in and resaved the OMAX non-partner and it started showing up on the view.

hidden link

So it should be working.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

Ok, I got it, I didn't catch the part where I was supposed to save the manufacturers (non-partner) again, I thought I needed to save the view one more time. When I saw what happened with OMAX, I figured it out. Thank you very much for your help, and your patience.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.