Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Input and display multiple date values

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by deanL 8 years ago.

Author
Date_display.png
View_upcoming_dates.png
Post_field_group_course.png

I need to enter multiple date values into a page and show them as upcoming course dates.

First step I created a Filed group called "Course" and added a date field called "Course dates". Lastly I set it to allow multiple-instances of this field.

Next I created a view to display values of this field and set them to be shown in <LI>.

Looks to me I was all set. So I edited a page and entered couple of dates. Here comes the problem: When I view the page, the dates were displayed in single <LI> rather than individual date in each <LI>. I also need the dates to be displayed in asc order, ie older date first. And most importantly, dates older than today should not be shown.

What am I missing here?

Right after I posted my question, I found this page:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/show-future-dates-only-with-multiple-instance-custom-field-date/

This is almost what I'm trying to achieve, except, by using this code, I have to set a separator, but what I really need is to output date in individual <LI>, eg:
- 01/04/2016
- 08/04/2016
- 15/04/2016

How shall I modify the code to achieve this?

You may ignore this request. I have decided to use a different approach: By creating another CPT for course date and link it to course page as parent/child relationship.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.