Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Inline fields Gutenberg

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
hml-mode.PNG
html.PNG
white.PNG

I am attempting to create a content template for a Single Post using Gutenberg. Can I just check what is the recommended way of adding fields.

The issue I am having is that I am trying to add 2 fields Post Type and Post Title that sit next to each other. The issue is that Gutenberg is treating these as the same element. I want Post Type to be White and Post Title to be blue but whenever I change the color for one it changes the color for both (see screenshot).

Is it recommended to go switch editing mode to html and add classes directly? or is there a better/ recommended way of doing this?

Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Why don't you try to add the Toolset Single Field block?
=> https://toolset.com/block-item/single-field/

you should add one single field block to display post type and another single field block to display post title.

For post title:
- hidden link

For post type:
- hidden link

And set your desired color for your post type and title with both single field block settings.

blocks.PNG
Capture.PNG
podcasts.PNG

Hi Minesh - thanks for getting back to me. The issue is that I want them next to each other (see screenshot). Unless I am totally missing something doing it this way they are block level elements and so they stack (see screenshot)

So in the classic editor I would have added the 2 short codes and wrapped each one in a span tag to target the colours.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

If you want the fields next to each other, you should add a grid or columns block and within grid/columns block add single line field block one after another grid/column.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.