Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Incorrect count of posts when using "auto_fill_default" in [wp-control]

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

Thanks, I'll do some tests and get back to you.

Bob

Hi Adriano,
I've been describing the ongoing taxonomy filtering issue to Bada over on another support thread.
I go into quite some detail on the scenarios exhibiting the problem as well as some clues as to where the fault lies (in having cache management in categrory Walker classes).
The thread is here...
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/parametric-search-broken-after-plugin-update-no-options-selectable/

I now have customers reporting issues on my live site so I may need to revert to Views 1.11 soon.

Let me know how you are going with investigations on your end.

Thanks,

Bob

Sorry but I must ask you one last thing. Could you replicate this installation in a dev one? So we can do some live debugging. Because I've tried so many possibilities in my local installation, but it looks like your site has something special, maybe the amount of data. I've followed the exact same steps provided above in my local site but everything is fine, I've looked our wpv-cache.class.php file too but I couldn't find anything that could be affecting the counter.

Ok, thanks a lot. We do have some clients with large databases yes, but I believe that this problem was introduced in the latest release of Views where we implemented the internal cache to speed up things. So for sure some clients will come up with this issue as well.

I'll do some tests on this site and I'll let you know my findings.

Bob

Ok. The dev site was not rendering images as I had not set the additional Cloudfront S3 CNAME. Anyway I just patched some code to use S3 direct and now images are rendering.

Yes definitely since cache was introduced even last year I had some issues. Using "cache=off" on [wpv-control ...] enabled my site to keep working. But since 1.12 that does not fix the issues and like I said to Beda the requirement to add a form filter in order for a taxonomy query filter to work and have to set it to "checkboxes" is not making sense for a split search and display view setup.

Cheers,

Bob

Bob

I meant cache=off on view short code not control short code of course....

I'm marking this issue as fixed on next release because it seems the issue in the wpv-cache.class.php has been addressed already. Although I can't send you anything because it may break other sides. Unfortunately there is no ETA.

Bob

Thanks Adriano.
Having spent a reasonable amount of time browsing through wpv.class.php I see there is quite some work outstanding in there as well related to cache control.
For example [wpv-view ... cache="off"] setting seems to be not explicitly handled in among a whole set of analysis in caching on/off decision tree.

Anyway I'd appreciate it if you could also ensure the issues raised in the support thread Beda had me create are investigated and addressed in a timely fashion.
This is the thread...
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-parametric-and-display-form-useage-issues/
The use of split search and display views is a great way of testing that the regime of only using URL passed parameters as inputs to a view is being observed.
It would be good to get all this cache handling fixed and rolled up in the next release (even though ETA is not yet set).

In the interim I'll roll my production site back to 1.11 and hold my work on the taxonomy regex filtering (which aside from the cache issues in 1.12.1) is working well.

I've also found a bug in handling of form reset when using [wpv-form-view ...] when set for ajax updates of the form. Basically using [wpv-filter-reset ...] submits the form and opens the target page instead resetting the form.

I'll create a new incident for you with analysis of the bug and proposed fix.
I've already added the reset button to the toolset menu/views on the dev system last established by this thread so you can see the issue immediately.

Cheers,

Bob

Bob

Hi Adriano,
The problems in split View handling and filtering in a display View are definitely not fixed in Views 2.0.

This incident is still open.

My staging site is loaded with WP 4.5, Views 2.0 and the test "toolset" menu which can be used to show the problem(s) remain.

Chers,

Bob

I'm closing this one, let's handle the other problem in separated threads (Beda). Let me know if you want to open it again.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.