Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Incompatibility with enfold theme

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.55 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by avansisI-2 3 years, 6 months ago.

Author

I have been using Enfold for many years and I have found that it is not compatible with toolset.

Could you help me? Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Unfortunately our efforts to collaborate with the producers of the Enfold theme in the past have failed. The theme uses non-standard means to output the content of posts in its PHP templates, and we have proposed very modest changes that would allow the theme to work with Toolset which they are unwilling or unable to adopt, and there is nothing more we can do on our side.

One option would be to switch to a theme that follows WordPress standards and conventions, Toolset should work well with any such theme, and you can find a short list of recommended themes where we have some additional integration here: https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/

If you are at all comfortable with editing PHP templates then you can solve the problem with a child theme of Enfold. The key point is that the content of posts should be output using the_content() function. (https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/the_content/)

You can create a single.php template (or more specific template for some custom post type you are creating a Toolset Content Template for) in the child theme and edit it to replace the custom method Enfold uses for outputting the content with the WordPress function the_content().

If you need some help with that, let us know.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.