Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Incompatibility with "Advanced Excerpt" Plugin

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Tia 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Tia.

Author

Hi Tia - Thank you for looking into this. The problem is that I *WAS* using a solution outside of Toolset, but Toolset was breaking that plugin. If you are not willing/able to add this as a feature of Toolset, then I at least need y'all to fix the code that is breaking other plugins.

Tia

I have an update for you. My team and I are running further tests on Advanced Excerpt. I will update you as soon as possible with results.

Tia

I have finished debugging. The issue needs further investigation.

I have found updating Toolset plugins to the latest resolves the duplicate content issue. However Advanced Excerpt still does not format the excerpt.

I am going to escalate your ticket to 2nd Tier support where they can take a deeper look into the matter. Either a team member from 2nd Tier support or myself will update this thread with progress as it comes along.

Tia
advanced-excerpt2.jpg
advanced-excerpt.jpg

The issue has been resolved. Here are my steps:

1. Created a new Content Template: Announcements Archive - V2 and added this to it:
[wpv-post-body view_template='None']

2. Updated the WordPress Archives "Archive for Announcements". Changed [wpv-post-body] to [wpv-post-body view_template='announcements-archive-v2']

3. Verified Advanced Excerpt could now control the excerpt by going to Settings > Excerpt.

You will need to update all Toolset plugins to resolve the double content. Please go to Dashboard > Updates.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue or if it needs more investigation.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.