Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Including toolset fields into contact form 7 message body

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by info308 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,
On my page I created custom post type of Artist with a contact form 7 form.
I want to give the user of the website posibility to write an email to me about each Artist.
Is there a way to send me in the email information from witch page was it send?
I want to include in the e-mail also one other field from the post named "cytat".
Is there a way to include in the mail body two fields from toolset: [wpv-post-title] and [types field='cytat'][/types]?
For egzample the contact form 7 message body i would like to be able to create:

Subiect: [your-subject]

From page: [wpv-post-title]
Cytat: [types field='cytat'][/types]
Your message:
[your-message]

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The Contact Form 7 plugin doesn't seem to support third-party shortcodes inside the email body, which is why the Toolset shortcodes can't be used directly in there.

The good news is that Contact Form 7 does offer some special post-related mail tags and you can use the "[_post_name]" to get the source post's name/title:
( ref: hidden link )

From page: [_post_name]

For the custom field's value, you can include a hidden field in the form with the same slug as the custom field ( along with the prefix "wpcf-" if its a Toolset Types field ):
( ref: hidden link )

[hidden wpcf-cytat default:post_meta]

And after that, you'll be able to get its value in the email body:

Cytat: [wpcf-cytat] 

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.