Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Include address field in Types, not in Maps

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Include address field in Types, not in Maps

Solution:
This is not going to happen. What you should do it add a single line custom field and save address value to this field.

You can find the proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/include-address-field-in-types-not-in-maps/#post-1116114

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tammot 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Currently it seems that the address field itself is only included in Toolset maps.

I would propose to make it part of Toolset Types, thereby opening the possibility to use the address field without displaying Google Maps. Maybe some smart developer (or people from Toolset) can then write an integration to OSM or another maps platform.

Tammo

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes - you are right, the Address field is part of Toolset maps plugin which is dedicated field belongs to store google address.

Well - if you just want to store the address - what if you just create a text field and store your address value using Types single line field.

You are right, this is possible. I have solved it this way. But when (in a future) I would like to integrate Open Street Map or another map provider, it would be very convenient if the address field itself would be part of Types and only the possibility to display maps, based on an address would be part op Toolset Maps.

Please put that on the list of feature requests.

But solved for now.

Thank you!

Tammo

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Yes - I will report it as a feature request. Feel free to close this ticket.

Just one more question: is there a place where users can see the list of requests and possibly vote for them?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.