Skip Navigation

[Resolved] In views loop, link from another field just stopped working

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.09 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcusC-4 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Minesh.

Author

I have a View setup that includes a link from another custom post type that was created with Toolset. The link has been working but stopped recently. I don’t know exactly when, but it’s not working anymore.

Here is a link to a page where the link should be working. Towards the bottom of the page --- above the map -- you will see a table that includes a neighborhood name column. You should be able to click on the neighborhood name & be taken to a new page but it is just refreshing the page instead. hidden link

Here are some details about the setup:

The post type I’m trying to reference is neighborhood-name

The field is neighborhood-url

In my View, I have this code:

<td><a href="[types field='neighborhood-url' output='raw' id='$neighborhood-name'][/types]">[wpv-post-taxonomy type='neighborhood' format='name']</a></td>

For some reason this just stopped working. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Marcus

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

First of all, could you please confirm that your site is updated with latest Toolset plugins? If yes, I need to check on your install why its not working and whats going wrong there.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh,

Thank you for your help. This turned out to be user error where the client had not input all the necessary information. This is resolved.

Marcus