Skip Navigation

[Resolved] In Access Control ticked “edit any” in custom type, doesn’ t work

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user is unable have access to the edit link on the frontend that links to the Frontend Edit form.

The user has set the correct permissions on the Custom Post Type in our Access plugin but the link still doesn't show up.

Solution:

Given that our Access plugin is active you will also need to check the permissions for the Frontend Form as well.

Go to Toolset -> Access Control -> Toolset Forms and ensure that you've set the correct permissions for the user role so they will have access to that form.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by WeiS2074 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Capture2.JPG
Capture.JPG

see my screenshot, In my custom type, I set it like that.

I have a page which includes a post form of my custom type. Any registered user can create a new post from this page. Any registered user will be assigned to "Subscriber". Also in the post form there is a edit and delete link.

The issue is that the only the post owner can see the edit and delete link. But others cannot see the edit link. How does it make it appear to non-owner user?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Wei,

Thank you for getting in touch.

What happens when you give that subscriber role publish permissions ?

Does the edit link shows up then ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Capture.PNG

I did it, but it still not working.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Wei,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can check on this issue in some more detail for you?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Also please let me know a page where I can test this.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Wei,

I've found the issue. The problem was that the user role didn't have permissions to access the edit form.
hidden link

I went to the link above and set the subscriber role to have access to the edit form. The edit link should now be showing on the frontend for your subscriber role.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.