Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Improved slider transitions

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by emilyT 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi guys

I've adding this as a feature request as I believe it's something that needs further development with the plugins. It's not a specific problem with a site I'm building at the moment, but I do have an example of it I can show you.

My suggestion is regarding the built-in slider functionality that comes with Views. In the past I've used a combination of Types and Views to create custom sliders for client websites, but overall I'm not happy with the results and have now started using an alternative slider plugin. However, I would love to be able to come back to Toolset for this functionality as I use Toolset extensively for site builds.

I'm bringing this up now as I have been following your Views Training for a bit of a refresher and have just done the slider tutorial (https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/getting-started-views/part-5-slider/).

I have followed the instructions in the video exactly and here is my resulting slider:
hidden link (scroll down to the Featured articles section).
These are my problems with it:

1. Using Firefox when the slides transition the slide fades away to nothing and the content below moves up into it's place - in my opinion that is completely unusable.

2. In other browsers (Chrome, IE, Opera) the slide fades to white before the next slide fades in. This looks pretty clunky to me - the fade should be seamless between slides. You can also see this happening on the tutorial video, so it's not specific to me.

This behaviour has been an issue with the Views sliders for quite a while, which is why I've switched to something else. However, it would be amazing if it could be improved. Could you let me have your thoughts on this please?

I'm a massive fan of Toolset and get excellent support from you guys. I'm bringing this issue up as I genuinely believe that it will improve the plugins.

Many thanks, Emily

Transition effects.png

I apologize the delay here

1. Using Firefox when the slides transition the slide fades away to nothing and the content below moves up into it's place - in my opinion that is completely unusable.

This to me seems rather a BUG, described on the Errata below, than a Browser issue.
https://toolset.com/errata/views-ajax-pagination-fails-to-load-pages/

There are (too) many other BUGs related to Pagination (slider) and Parametric Search currently in Views, please have a look at the linked Errata page for further info.
All Bugs will be solved with the upcoming Views Update.
https://toolset.com/errata/

2. In other browsers (Chrome, IE, Opera) the slide fades to white before the next slide fades in. This looks pretty clunky to me - the fade should be seamless between slides. You can also see this happening on the tutorial video, so it's not specific to me.

Try the Slide Transition effect Duration settings as seen in the Screenshot.
Try to decrease them. default is 500ms.

If these issues are not solved by the above steps I will need further steps to reproduce this, as on my end this solves the issues you mention.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding the issue mentioned in this Thread

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Beda

Thanks for your detailed reply. I think I'll leave this until the next release of Views and then review.

Cheers, Emily

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.