Skip Navigation

[Resolved] importing custom post data and Toolset custom taxonomy data

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: Hi to all we are creating the CSV file for importing the data as per your tutorial on the URL:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-to-import-content-into-wordpress-using-csv/

How can we import the taxonomy data so to have the custom post belonging to the correct taxonomy? (we created some custom taxonomies in Toolset but we don't understand what can be the heading of the CSV column so to recognize the taxonomi insteead of a custom field).

Thanks for your help on this.

Franco

csv.jpg

In addition, we tried to import a CSV file formatted as in your example but we get this error
Skipped 1 posts (most likely due to empty title, body and excerpt).
see our file in the screenshot provided, he fields are not empty

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Franco,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Could you provide me with a copy of the xml test file you are using with your data as well as the plugin that you are using the to import the data.

I would like to see if i'm able to replicate this error on my end.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, how can I send you the files? I don't find any upload system for files different from a screenshot

Shane
Supporter

Hi Franco,

You can actually upload the file to dropbox or google drive and then share them with me.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
we tried to import the data with a different plugin and it works. We only need to know how to import data about Toolset custom taxonomy , is it possible to do that with the CSV?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Franco,

The importation of the CSV file with the information is possible as per wordpress standards but our plugins don't have a way to import the data using CSV so a third party plugin will be required.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.