Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Import with WP all import pro

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by HenrykI1899 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
verein-trainer3.PNG
verein-trainer2.PNG
verein-trainer.PNG

I am trying to:

Importing Types Post Relations

I have create parents post. but I have an many to many relationship. So I have some "trainer" and an relationsship with "vereine-trainer" how have I to import the related data. I know that i need an realtionsship between the two post types. But how to find the _wpcf_belongs_parent-post-slug_id?

If i make an export with the toolset xml. but there I could not find this ID. Is this ID the post ID that you can see in the screenshot?. So I have to geneate this post title as seen on the screenshot 3. Please write an toutorial how to import the relationsship between the many to many relationships

This text here does not help.
""If you want to import Types Post Relations, consider that the Parent Post ID is stored in a field called _wpcf_belongs_parent-post-slug_id. Its value is numerical.

Parent Post ID cannot be “guessed” by the system. You first need to create your parent post and get its ID. Then you can use that ID to import child posts.""

thanks for help
Henryk

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

When using Types posts relationships, we store the parent of a given type in a field:

_wpcf_belongs_{parent--posttype-slug}_id

For example:
Assume we are displaying a Car post type (child posttype) that usually has a Maker (parent posttype) post type. Than, each Car will store its Maker id in the field:

_wpcf_belongs_maker_id

So, what we did here is replaced {parent--posttype-slug} with parent posttypee slug.

So, for example, if you have parent post type Maker with entry:
Title = ABC
ID = 111

Then, you need to add meta entry to your child post to build relationship as:
_wpcf_belongs_maker_id = 111

You could perhaps write a custom script to do the importing for you or somehow update your child post data to add the post ids of their parents as the _wpcf_belongs_{parent--posttype-slug}_id. meta field.

How viable to add child post entry is depends on where your data is coming from and how you manage it.

Hi Minesh,
with wp all import it is very easy to import. I don´t have to do the fieldnames. Its all done with wp all import pro. So to now that. would help many people. So I am ready with import. Now I need Layout 1.9 to start. Agnes would send me the the alpha/ beta.
I hope of that on friday.
thanks Henryk

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.