Skip Navigation

[Resolved] import with all import pro not working because of toolset template

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by HenrykI1899 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
import tax wp all import-vereine5.PNG
import tax wp all import-vereine4.PNG
import tax wp all import.PNG
import tax wp all import-vereine.PNG
import tax wp all import-vereine2.PNG

I am trying to:
import "vereine" but I only need to update some of my taxonomies. With the post typ "Mannschaften" all works fine, see screenshot (Mannschaften has no templ assinged). But If I use the post typ "Vereine" there is problem because of an error with the templates of toolset.

what is reason of that? The workaround could be to loose the view/layout templ of all post typs "Vereine". But that sounds crasy.

please help Henryk

Dear Henryk,

Since it is a compatibility problem between all-import-pro plugin and view/layout plugin, please provide a downloadable URL for the all-import-pro plugin and a demo file for importing, and describe detail steps to duplicate same problem, I need to test and debug it in my localhost,

The FTP access you provided is not valid, I get this error:
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 ProFTPD 1.3.4d Server (ProFTPD) [46.38.249.**]
Command: USER pruessliga63
Response: 331 Password required for pruessliga63
Command: PASS *********
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Please check it, thanks

Hi Luo Yang,
sorry I have forgotten to update the password. Now the send ftp: login should work.
thanks Henryk

I can download those files, but I still need detail steps to duplicate same problem.

You mentioned above:
But If I use the post type "Vereine" there is problem because of an error with the templates of toolset.
How do you use the psot type "Vereine"?
Are you importing a file into your website with the "all-import-pro" plugin?
Could you provide a downloadable URL for this file?

Hi Luo Yang,
sorry for the delay.
How do you use the psot type "Vereine"?
with M:n to other CPT
Are you importing a file into your website with the "all-import-pro" plugin? Yes
Could you provide a downloadable URL for this file?
this you can find in the plugin here.
hidden link

import "vereine" but I only need to update some of my taxonomies. With the post typ "Mannschaften" all works fine, see screenshot (Mannschaften has no templ assinged). But If I use the post typ "Vereine" there is a problem because of an error with the templates of toolset.

so please can tell me a way to update the data of the taxonomies of all existing entries for the CPT "Vereine".
thanks
Henryk

I can download the plugin file of wp-all-import-pro-master.zip, but in order to debug this problem, I need to duplicate same problem in my localhost, I need the file which you import into your website within "all-import-pro-master", but you did not provide one, and the database dump file you provided isn't valid any more:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/import-with-all-import-pro-not-working-because-of-toolset-template/#post-469902

So I can not duplicate same problem,
For your question: so please can tell me a way to update the data of the taxonomies of all existing entries for the CPT "Vereine".
Here is my suggestion:
If you are going to update the terms of "Vereine" posts , I suggest you try with wordpress function wp_set_object_terms():
https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_set_object_terms
Relates an object (post, link etc) to a term and taxonomy type (tag, category, etc). Creates the term and taxonomy relationship if it doesn't already exist.

Hi Luo Yang,
the files are insite the ftp I sent you. Have a look insite the ftp account I send you. He is some that is working

httpdocs/pruessligen/wp-content/uploads/wpallimport/files/vereine_20_12.xlsx

And the wp_set_object_terms(): is not what I need. The taxonomy relationship already exist. I need to update the entries.
Please give this support to Nigel, if you don´t now how to import with wp-all-import-pro. there must be something special with toolset that has to know. To deaktived the layout plugin 1.9 beta is not working, because there is thomething written insite the DB.
thanks I need a working solution!

Nigel is not available currently. and you are right, I am not familiar with the all-import-pro plugin, I tried below steps, please correct me if there is anything missing:
1) Down load the "all-import-pro" plugin + vereine_20_12.xlsx files.
1) Install Types + Layouts + Views + all-import-pro plugins in a fresh wordpress installation
2) Dashboard-> All Import-> New Import-> Upload a file
choose the file vereine_20_12.xlsx, and click the "Continue" button, in the step 3, when I click the "Continue" button, I see two warning messages:
Warning: your title is blank.
Warning: your content is blank.
So the importing can not continue, please correct me if there is anything missing.

As I mentioned above, I need detail steps to duplicate same problem, thanks

Hi Luo Yang,
is there anyone how is knowing of the all-import-pro plugin?
Because importing of data is needed. And the all-import-pro plugin is working fine if you do it with new data or with an CPT that has no template see (import tax wp all import.PNG). But there is now an bug that is related to layoutsplugin. I dont know how to import this taxonomies. (1700 files)
there has to be an soluition.
thanks Henryk
I will do an video for you. where can I uploaded it?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Henryk

Luo has re-assigned this to me, and I'll see if I can help, although I admit I am only superficially familiar with using WP All Import Pro myself.

From my experience when setting up the import you map the fields from your import file to the fields in your database.

In your screenshot "import tax wp all import-vereine2.PNG" it looks to me as if WP All Import has auto-detected the views and layouts template fields (which begin with _underscore) and is trying to assign values to them from the file you are importing.

Can you not just delete those so that WP All Import doesn't try and assign values to them?

I notice there are trash symbols for those rows which I assume will exclude them from the import.

If that doesn't make sense or you tried it and it doesn't work then let me know and I will download the files I require and try to reproduce (and fix) the problem.

import tax wp all import10.PNG
import tax wp all import11.PNG
import tax wp all import12.PNG
import tax wp all import13.PNG
import tax wp all import14.PNG
import tax wp all import15.PNG

Hi Nigel,
happy new year 2017!.
I have done it this way, but still the problem.
As you can see at the screenshots, there must something strange. New importing is no problem, but updating is not working.
I hope you have got an Idea. For you Infomation: Im using the beta1 layout and view.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Henryk

I have made a clone of your site for testing this locally, but looking back through your posts with Luo I'm not sure where I can find the import file.

In your latest screenshots I can see you imported a CSV file. Could you provide me with the same file for testing?

Either add it somewhere I can retrieve it via FTP, or at a public URL such as a dropbox link.

I'll mark your next reply as private in case you have something sensitive to share (ignore the template asking for credentials).

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Henryk

Just to let you know that I have been running extensive tests and while I can observe the problem on the duplicate of your site I'm running locally, I cannot replicate it on a clean installation.

I tried a fresh installation with the current production versions of our plugins, and also the betas you are using on your own site, and I had no problems importing from a CSV file to update existing custom posts with new/changed taxonomy terms, regardless of whether or not there was a Content Template assigned to the CPT or not.

I'm seeking advice on what to do next and will let you know...

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Henryk

I have escalated this to second tier so it can be examined more closely, and I'll let you know when there is any news.

I had a lot of trouble getting the error to appear consistently so that I could describe the steps to reproduce the problem, but I have a version of your site where I switched to current versions of our plugins and I had to re-install the Toolset starter theme (and child theme), I think you may have customised these, and with that set up was able to reproduce the problem consistently.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.