Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Import Layout on Multisite fails with erroneous PHP file size error

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue this customer was experiencing is that his layouts export files were larger than what his server allows to import.

Solution:

In a case like this it would be best to increase your server's upload limit by contacting your hosting provider and ask them for an increase.

Secondly your limit may have been imposed by wordpress so you can also follow the instructions in the link below.

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-increase-the-maximum-file-upload-size-in-wordpress/

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by johnM-2 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 8.19.31 AM.png

I am trying to: Import a layout exported from one Site Network subsite into another Site Network subsite

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: that the layout imported successfully

Instead, I got: "File is bigger than maximum allowed in your php configuration."

the layouts.zip file is only 4kb and uncompressed it is 33kb. I can upload plugins, themes and images on the same subsite without any issues.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

This issue seems to be related to your wordpress upload limit.

What I recommend that you do is to follow the instructions below.
hidden link

This should help you resolve this issue.

If this does not work please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

I bundled the layout with my module and imported the module and they layout imported fine.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.