Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Import CPT's from CSV file with custom fields and taxonomies

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: import a CSV file so that each row is imported as an individual custom post type that I've set up with its own custom fields and taxonomies. I need some assistance in naming the columns so that when they are imported they will be mapped to the appropriate custom fields and taxonomies. We plan on using this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/really-simple-csv-importer/installation/

Any help would be appreciated!

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Heather,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

We actually have some documentation that should be able to assist you with the setting up of your CSV file.

Please have a look at the documentation below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-to-import-content-into-wordpress-using-csv/

Let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.