Skip Navigation

[Resolved] images not removed from front end post edit form

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MargeP6083 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to remove and replace images (non-repeating fields) on edit user profile post. (Edit Page) Clicking the "x" removes the image on the edit form. After replacing the image with a new image and hit 'submit' button, the edited profile shows an extra image.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link There should be 4 images. (5 are shown) this is happening on other profile posts as well. hidden link

I expected to see: 4 images in a row.

Instead, I got: more than 4 images in row.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I would like to clarify that Toolset offers integration with Beaver Builder, not Beaver Themer.

Can you please share the link where I can see the Toolset Edit profile form you added? Once you share that information, I will check and ran a test on my local test install.

This is the page for editing. It was set in a different support thread. https://toolset.com/forums/topic/edit-link-not-showing-on-front-end-user-post-profile-but-shows-on-admin/#post-1383097

hidden link

Just in case, I changed the template for Talent Profile single to Beaver Builder (and removed the template from Beaver Themer). No change in too many images, but further issues.

The Generate Press theme functions are not working. hidden link The title and featured image are diabled, but are showing on the post.

Minesh
Supporter

Sorry but I'm confused here.

With the solution I shared before that used to display the Edit link on profile;
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/images-not-removed-from-front-end-post-edit-form/#post-1434333

Where I can see the edit link?

Also, Can you please first confirm, you want to use Beaver Layout or BeaverBuilder?

Sorry about the confusion. I switched to Beaver Builder Page with this template to verify the problem is not Beaver Themer related. I am fine with the current template being BB page builder for now. The edit link is only shown to current user who is logged in. The link you provided is inserted in the left column of the row above the hero image area.

With further editing, there seems to be some compatibility issues while editing a Template page with Beaver Builder. I'm trying to use conditional logic for a column. I was able to set that, but was unable to go back an make changes.

Please see recording: hidden link

The images that are showing in the gallery are through a field connection of images attached to the post. However, the x (remove) does not remove the image from the post: hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

I checked and I found that if I add the shortcodes - it displayes the correct images.

[types field='talent-image-1' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%' size='full'][/types]

[types field='talent-image-2' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%' size='full'][/types]

[types field='talent-image-3' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%' size='full'][/types]

[types field='talent-image-4' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%' size='full'][/types]

It looks like there is a compatibility issue as you are using the Gallery module. I need to debug this further. I'll update you with my findings later.

Regarding:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/images-not-removed-from-front-end-post-edit-form/#post-1436665
==>
Please open a new ticket with your new question. This will help other users searching on the forum as well as help us to write correct problem resolution summery.

Hi is there any update on this of images not deleted or still showing as attached to post?

I tried inserting the image into an image field with field connections and no image showed. If I use the

It seems like Beaver Builder isn't very compatible with Toolset templates in that you are limited to the text edit and html fields. The image fields are not usable with the shortcode. And the gallery is pulling in too many.

My biggest concern is that images are not being removed from wordpress. If a user deletes and replaces the image 100 times. There will be 100 images in the media library?

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - so I tested this further and I found that the option for Photo "Post Attached Images" will be available when Beaver Themer plugin is installed and activated. So, the feature added to select the option "Post Attached Images" is added by Beaver Themer and Toolset offers integration with Beaver Builder only.
=> hidden link

There is the option "Post Custom field" using which you can display the custom field value.
=> hidden link

I checked and I'm afraid that "Post Custom field" option is not compatible with the Toolset yet. I would recommend you to submit a feature request to use dynamic sources added to the Gallery module by the Beaver Themer.
=> https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

As confirmed with my previous reply - if you can use the Types shortcode to display the image from specific field, it works as expected and use some JS to display the image in popup/lightbox.
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/images-not-removed-from-front-end-post-edit-form/#post-1438147

I do not do much here - maybe you should prefer to display the images with Types shortcode.

My biggest concern is that images are not being removed from wordpress. If a user deletes and replaces the image 100 times. There will be 100 images in the media library?
==>
As the images are uploaded using the media library, you can use the same image with multiple fields, so this is expected. We will not delete the image because it might be used by other custom fields.

However - I do not know if you are aware of Toolset Blocks which will allow you to display the custom image field in lightbox but then you need to redesign your whole Talent profile page using Toolset blocks.

I offered every possibility that I can offer and now you need to make a choice.

Thanks for all of that! I ended up completely re-doing the template with Blocks and made a feature request.

I'm still concerned that the user's images (users who are not admin) have the ability to upload multiple images and the images are not deleted when they remove from their profile post. Toolset offeres the option to delete the CPT. Couldn't this transfer to images? Is there some way to make that "x" mean delete? This is also a GDPR issue.

many thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Glad to know that Toolset Blocks help you to design your template.

I'm still concerned that the user's images (users who are not admin) have the ability to upload multiple images and the images are not deleted when they remove from their profile post. Toolset offeres the option to delete the CPT.
===>
Do you mean that if user deletes the post, the associated media files should automatically deleted from database? if yes, you should file a feature request for that.

Please check the following Doc and review the permissions for different role when using Toolset forms:
- https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-end-forms/using-the-native-wordpress-media-manager-in-front-end-forms/#default-user-permissions-for-using-and-editing-existing-files

Is there some way to make that "x" mean delete? This is also a GDPR issue.
- Please open a new ticket with every question you may have. This may help other users searching on the forum as well as help us to write correct problem resolution summery.

Thanks, Minesh! This is great.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.