Skip Navigation

[Resolved] images don’t display unless url has query string

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

With "wp rocket" plugin, the image blocks do not display correctly.

Solution:

Toolset Blocks plugin is using inline CSS codes style each Toolset Blocks, so we strongly suggest you do not minify Toolset's JavaScript and CSS files, turn off minify CSS/JS setting in "wp rocket" plugin

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by malagaS 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? display results of view on a page

Is there any documentation that you are following? n/a

Is there a similar example that we can see? hidden link

What is the link to your site? hidden link is the page that should load images but only works with a query string tagged on. otherwise it will load just text, no images. I've cleared all caches, tried in different browsers. it's been this way for a few weeks. I don't know if this is a related issue, but this page: hidden link is a clone of the same view/template and i can't get it to show images either - with or without a query string. But everything seems to be correct and can't find an error. mabye it's a related problem.

I thought I had tested before, but if I deactivate wp rocket there's no issue. i'll try playing with the settings but the page loads really slow without css and js files optimized. if you have any advice on settings for wp rocket it would be helpful. I've tried with and without these files excluded:

/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/visual-editor/res/js/codemirror/lib/codemirror.js
/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/toolset-forms/js/validation.js
/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/toolset-forms/js/conditional.js
/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/toolset-forms/js/recaptcha-v2/api.js

Hello,

I assume you are using Toolset Blocks plugin to design the problem page:
hidden link

Toolset Blocks plugin is using inline CSS codes style each Toolset Blocks, so we strongly suggest you do not minify Toolset's JavaScript and CSS files, turn off minify CSS/JS setting in "wp rocket" plugin

if i do that the site runs really slow. is there a list of files to exclude (assuming my list in the ticket isn't correct?) thank you.

Your list is correct, but for Toolset Blocks plugin, as I mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/images-dont-display-unless-url-has-query-string/#post-1790047
Toolset Blocks plugin is using inline CSS/JS codes to style each Toolset Blocks, they are in the HTML body tag, they are not CSS/JS files.

Please check it in your website:
hidden link

There is a JS error in my Chrome browser console window:
Uncaught SyntaxError: Identifier 'wpvViewHead' has already been declared

It is conducted by file of WP Rocket plugin:
hidden link

As recommended by WP Rocket plugin:
If you notice any errors on your website after having activated this setting, just deactivate it again, and your site will be back to normal.
You will need to find and turn off minify CSS/JS settings in "wp rocket" plugin

ok, I understand. I'll turn it off. Is there any suggestion for another way of speeding up pages design with toolset blocks?

I suggest you check it with author WP Rocket plugin, if it is possible to disable inline CSS/JS codes minify settings.

ok. thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.