Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Image upload in front end Cred not working

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Image upload in front end Cred not working

Solution:
There is an error in the browser console: /wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/application/submit.php?id=19168&formid=9057&nonce=9f8bf3feb0 403 ()

This error means that there should be a resource that is not accessible for some reason. it may be a file permission or some configuration on the server.

For this specific case, the client had a .htaccess that prevented accessing the submit.php file which was fixed by removing the .htaccess file

Relevant Documentation:
https://www.lifewire.com/403-forbidden-error-explained-2617989

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by billB-3 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author

I am trying to have users be able to upload their images to my site using a cred frontend form.

But - I'm getting a popup, "Upload Failed !"

What I've tried:
- Disable all plugins
- Switch themes to basic theme
- Made sure plugins are up to date
- Enabled DEBUG mode, and no errors logged aside from the popup
- Checked my HTACCESS file which only has the basic WP code
- Checked my wp-config file and made sure WP_MEMORY_LIMIT and WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT were set to 512M
- Noted PHP is 7.0
- Checked folder permissions on Upload folder is 755 (and I should note that I have issues uploading images on backend)

None of these checks have made a difference. Still getting an error, Upload Failed.

Help!

So, as a followup...
The user also has to be logged in already to be able to access this form.

Hello,

I’m Mohammed: the Toolset support team leader. I’ll give my best to help you.

If you already checked all this then there should be some error being triggered while uploading the image.

I need to check the issue in a test website where the problem exists.

Can you please provide access details for a site where the issue exists to check it. I will need also the page title or ID

I will set the next reply as a private one so that you can provide the information securely.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for providing the access details.

I've logged into your website and checked it. There is an error in the browser console: /wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/application/submit.php?id=19168&formid=9057&nonce=9f8bf3feb0 403 ()

This error means that there should be a resource that is not accessible for some reason. it may be a file permission or some configuration on the server.

I see also that you are using HTTPS protocol that may be involved in that.So, It will be nice if you tested the issue on a test website with FTP protocol to know if the issue is caused by the HTTPS protocol or not.

If this didn't help, I would like to replicate your issue on my local machine to debug it locally.For this you'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow you to create a copy of your site and your content. You can provide me with the snapshot following these directions:
If you already know how Duplicator works ( http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

:: Duplicator instructions
. From WordPress plugin page, look for "Duplicator" and install it
. Once installed, you get a new main menu "Duplicator"
. Chose "Packages"
. Click on the first button you find in the toolbar on the right ("Create Package")
. Give it a name or leave it as is
**You can ignore the uploads directory , cache and the archives
. Click on "Create Package Set"
. Wait until the package is ready
. Click on "Installer", then on "Package": the first one is just a php script, the second one is a zip file containing everything you need
. Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big , you can also exclude the images if the file is very big )
IMPORTANT: remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to log-in. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will set the next reply as a private reply so you will able to provide a link to download the duplicator package.

Thanks and Best Regards

Hi Mohammed -
So I tried the FTP method, no dice. Then I tried to export via the Duplicator plugin... but it was timing out (site too big).

On a whim, I contacted my host and sent them the URL of the 403 error you had sent to me. They ID'd an .htaccess file within the folder and disabled it... That solved everything.

SO my problems are solved now thankfully.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.