Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Image upload alternative?

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mayurJ 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Screenshotf698df2ecfa94d6f8cfc3d187de290e7.jpg
Screenshotc7753292e21c4fb3b2346973c969b05b.jpg

How can I use the image upload function in my cred form that is used in Toolset forums? I don't like the image upload functionality that comes standard with Toolset forms.

Main issues:
- If I have many images, they would be stacked vertically
- User has to find the "add new image" button

What other alternatives do I have for making the image upload capability more user friendly for a large set of images?

Are there any jquery image upload plugins or scripts I can install/run that would replace/enhance this user interface?

There are none but what you see in the current Forms when you insert media fields.

What you can do is (limitedly) style that with some CSS and JS, however, you will not achieve the same experience as a WordPress Media Uploader or similar.

But, you like to know that our Lead Developer has started a few days ago with a massive project, to actually implement the native WordPress media upload mechanisms on Forms.

That, will let you do just what you want, and even more.

It's not yet ready but you'll notice in our changelogs or blog posts once it is (future release)

Screenshotfef3335bf5bd4cada053fe1b9e73b15b.jpg

By the way, via CSS, changing the .wpt-repct1.wp-repct1-flex class display to "inline-flex" DOES work BUT then the image sorting (something I must have) will NOT work as expected.

What other workarounds do you suggest?

I would prefer having another sorting and upload system instead.

As outlined, there are none.

We do not suggest any workarounds as simply it would mean to not use the forms (the forms uploads cannot be changed in their workflow right now)

As outlined above there are works ongoing about that, you can stand by until they are released, or if you need an urgent solution, it would require to use another Plugin (of which I am still looking for, as the subject is not covered very well in the WordPress plugins for front end forms)

changing state

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Have there been any updates on improvements to this?

Is there any update from dev on using the native wp image upload capability as promised in this thread?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.