Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Image orientation in single versus list versus admin view

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by katjaL 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have an image taken with phone and uploaded in admin view to a custom field. In backend admin media library the image seem to be in right position. I mean up is up and down is down. This applies also to the Toolset list view in frontend. But in single view (Toolset content template) the image is in wrong orientation. Up is left and down is right. So it's rotated one step counter clockwise. I suppose the image was taken "wrongly" in this position with the phone, but my problem now is, I can't edit the image in admin view to rotate, because it's there already in right orientation.

This unconsistend image orientation is odd and I need to understand how this works, since I will create cred forms to upload images.

Ok, it gets weirder, in mobile browser the image is in right position also in single view.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot and suggest the best way forward, I'll need to see exactly how all these components are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the link to the pages with this content template and view?

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for waiting, while I performed some testing and research on my own website.

Although I can see the rotated image on your website ( hidden link ), I couldn't reproduce this on my test website with that same image as well as a couple of other images taken from my phone.

This suggests the issue is specific to this image and some EXIF orientation metadata has been saved on the website, during the uploading.
( ref: hidden link )

I'll recommend to delete this image from the media library and upload the new copy, with the correct orientation.

In case the issue still persists, you can also install "Fix Image Rotation" plugin:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/fix-image-rotation/

Note: since your website also has a cache plugin enabled, it is important that all caches have been cleared before testing the newly uploaded image.

I hope this helps and please let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

Thank you Waqar, I installed the plugin and uploaded the same image again (without modifying it), it was now properly orientated.
So my issue is resolved now. Thank you very much!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.