Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Image field with multiple instances not showing right picture

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screenshot_Car_3.jpg
Screenshot_Car_2.jpg
Screenshot_Car_1.jpg

Hi,

These last days we have a problem with an image field with multiple instances. Some of the car pictures that we upload do not show in the admin and on the front end. Instead we get the picture of another car showing up although the right picture has been uploaded to the server.

For instance:
hidden link is a picture of the right car. This is also the picture you get when you download it from the server.
BUT on the front end and in the admin, it is anaother picture that appears (see screenshots).
When you edit this field and select the IMG_8715.jpg picture in the media library, you get the right picture but when you save this field, you get the wrong picture again. (see screenshot 3).

The only way to avoid this problem is to rename the picture you upload.

Any idea what might be causing this? It really looks like a cache problem but it isn't because all cache has been deleted (server + WordPress + browser) and no cache plugins are still active.

Thanks.

Best regards.
Eric

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Eric,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the site to check on this for you ?

The private fields have been enabled.

Also please send me a link to one of the products that have the images mixed up.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the credentials.

I tried logging in with them but they dont seem to work.

Could you test it on your end and let me know if youre able to log in with them.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

You're right. There was a problem with the password but it's OK now. You can login with the same login details.

Regards
Eric

Shane
Supporter

Hi Eric,

Could you send me a link to the page where I can see the issue ?

Currently checking and the car images look fine and correct to me.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Here is the link: hidden link You have to scroll to the right for the 8th thumbnail in the slider.

There were more cars with the problem but these have been removed.

Thanks.
Eric

Shane
Supporter

Hi Eric,

The problem might be the naming of the image.

So I was able to resolve this by downloading the image and modifying the name and re-adding it.
hidden link

I was trying to find the original car that the Peugeot image came from but with no success. However to me it seems like just a naming conflict of some sort.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Yes, I know about the possibility to solve the problem by renaming the picture but my client is not satisfied with this solution as he has to upload about 100 pictures per week and doesn't have the time to do it.

There must be some bug in Toolset that causes this. This site is running since nearly 2 years and we never had this problem before. Is there any cache feature in Toolset itself that could be causing this? Or anything in the database? Maybe you could ask the development team if they have any suggestions.

Thanks.
Eric

Shane
Supporter

Hi Eric,

There isn't any caching in toolset at all.

I tried searching for the original image on the client's site but wasn't able to find it.

If the images have the same filename and were uploaded the same day it could cause this issue. If you're able to show me the image in the media library please let me know.

This needs some further investigation but for now the customer needs to ensure that the image names are unique.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.