Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Image crop size not being displayed. Views creates unnecessary wpcf version.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have two problems related to images.

## PROBLEM 1

I am trying to:
Display the image url for a large thumbnail.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The larger image in the slider should be the large thumbnail for that image. I'm using the following shortcode in a content template to display the large thumbnail image url.

[types field="building-photos" size="large" url="true" output="raw"][/types]

Instead, I got:
The full size image url is used instead of the large thumbnail url. If I remove output="raw" from the shortcode, an image with "wpcf" in the url is created. Views is creating new crops of the image even though the thumbnail crops I want to use already exist. I have unchecked all the image resizing options in settings.

## PROBLEM 2

I am trying to:
Display thumbnail of an image.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The small navigational images should use the thumbnail size for that image. I'm using the following shortcode in a content template.

[types field="building-photos" size="thumbnail" align="none" separator="</div><div>"][/types]

Instead, I got:
An image with "wpcf" in the url. Views is creating new crops of the image even though the thumbnail crops I want to use already exist. I have unchecked all the image resizing options in settings.

Q1) This is expected result, attribute output="raw" will output full image URL,

In your case, you can try another attribute url="true", for example:
[types field="building-photos" size="large" url="true" url="true"][/types]

See our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/#image

Q2) This is a known issue, please try to add attribute resize='proportional' to your shortcodes, like this:
[types field="building-photos" resize='proportional' size="thumbnail" align="none" separator="</div><div>"][/types]
And test again

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.