Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I'm using start and end date and I'm trying to sort my post date with this

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Hussein 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Ahmed Hussein.

Author
dateformat.png
Sort Order.png
after-search.png
beforesearch.png

I can't find debug information ... If you can tell me where I can find so I'll provide you.

1. I'm trying to sort my post date with start and end date as well looking for out put same as screnshot name as (dateformat.png)

2. trying to use Newest to old or Oldest to Newest select option to sort my search result. I attached screen shots. Named as (SortOrder.png)

3. as well I'm using

jQuery( function( $ ) {
$( "input[name='recall-par']" ).attr( 'placeholder', 'Saisir le numéro PAR ou ABP (nn-yy)' );
});

this as a place holder and I'n my form I have more than 5 fields and If I'm searched with one field and hit submit other four fields placeholder disappear. I attached screen shot with for this. Named as (beforesearch.png, after-search.png)

Hi, Thanks for contacting Toolset support forums.

First of all, debug information are disabled in the current version of the plugin and will be enabled in the next update, so no need to worry about that.

Now let's address the first question, and I would ask you to please open new tickets for each other questions.

At the time it's not possible to set order by field from the front-end, but if you head to your view edit screen, you'll find order by field, and you can set that to your "To/From" custom date fields, and the view will always be sorted by that field.

I hope that answers your question.

Cheers!

I'm sorry I couldn't understand what you are referring here can you gave me example how that will be done....

Thanks

Screenshot 2016-05-09 at 11.46.34 AM.png

Hi,

I mean you can't have a field on the front-end that set's the field that orders the result. You can only do that while creating the view that lists the result.

Check the screenshot, taken from the View Edit page where you can set how you want to order the view result.

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 11.05.13 AM.png

ok then is there a way that you can help me to write PHP code to display my taxonomy ... I've been doing this form in php and just can't find way to display my taxonomy in table in desc order.

I attached a Screen shot at the bottom for a reference I'm unable to find a way to display my taxonomy in this table.

Will be great if you can just help me in this instead of helping me out in sorting by date... and with out telling me to go and create a new ticket for this. Because I'm running out of time.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm sorry but I can't do custom coding. If you need some custom programming for your website I would recommend that you contact one of our certified partners https://toolset.com/consultant/

They'll be more than happy to help you.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.