Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Ideas on creating a gallery slider within a CPT

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 2.24.15 PM.jpg

I'm looking for ideas on how to create a gallery image slider similar to what my client has attached. The slider should have a zoomed in cropped image with a low opacity in the background and a full-size image (not cropped) that displays in the center (shrunk down to fit in height provided) and have a means for moving forward and backward between the slides on the right-hand side.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

You can create a slider similar to this using the steps suggested for a dynamic content slider explained here:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-sliders-with-dynamic-post-content/

In each slide, you can include a content block that has an image set as the background with low opacity and inside that container, you can include the same image using the image block.

For moving the slider's arrow controls to the right side, you'll need to include some custom CSS code.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.